Alcoholic/Diabetic Mother – Anyway to Legally Force Her to Rehab?

Question by jezabelm923: Alcoholic/Diabetic Mother – Anyway to legally force her to rehab?
My mother is an alcoholic. I started to notice it when I was about 8 years old. I am 23 now. She wasn’t as bad as she is today. She drinks herself into a stupor at least 6 times a week if I am lucky she will have one day where she is sober. She is also a diabetic who has been in the hospital before in a very sever como. The doctor asked is she drank – she replied no. Is there anyway to get a judge to force her to rehab? She is ruining our family. My sister and I can’t even sleep at night because she is up and often comes in our rooms to bother us while we are sleeping. I live in NJ if that helps. She hides booze in the house – and recently she went from drinking beer to drinking vodka which is worse for her diabetes. Please help!

Best answer:

Answer by latest_greatest
A judge can force her into rehab, but unless she wants to quit she won’t.

Answer by caffsans
call the mental health place and get someone to come into the house =you guys need a lot of help here

Obamacare eclipses low-cost NJ health plan for middle-class kids
While the federal government was trumpeting the benefits of Obamacare to boost enrollment earlier this year, about 1,800 families in New Jersey were receiving letters telling them their children would be losing their health coverage last week. The …


Overdose drug is approved
“Narcon is a powerful drug used by paramedics under control of doctors,” Gentile said. Eriach Fox, the managing director of Daytop, a drug rehab facility in Mendham, also said Narcon is a powerful aid in preventing overdose deaths. Narcon must only be …
Read more on New Jersey Hills


NJ Drug Treatment Center


Related Drug Rehabs In Nj Information…